As designers, we deal with colors all day long and have tons of experience working with customers to create a cohesive bedroom interior design. In the case of blue rooms, the palette choices range from soft, “barely blue” blues, medium blues – such as cobalt and this summer’s “it” color, indigo – to dark navy blue. Considered a cool color, your blue room will have a calming and clarifying feel to it. When using blue, consider the following facts and tips:
- The color blue is universally ranked as a favorite color for interior design.
- Blue is nature’s color for water and sky, a spiritual color to some, especially light blue, which has a serene and peaceful aspect to it.
- It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.
- Blue rooms can be created using a single blue hue to multiple hues, including blue’s neighbors on the color wheel: purple and green.
- For wall painting ideas, blue is cool and calming which can be beneficial to the mind and body.
- Dark blue signifies authority. It is a grounded and dignified color.
- Blue jeans are worn all over the world and promote a more casual and calming design scheme.
- Blue and white is a classic color combination that has been used in the design of porcelain for centuries. Enjoying a resurgence in popularity these days, adding pottery of various shapes and sizes as accent pieces can be an attractive way to add blue and white to your bedroom design.
- Shades of blue can add brightness, depth, saturation, heightening the drama – or the lightness – of your blue room.
- Other shades, tints and hues of the color blue that you might consider for your bedroom interiors include: sapphire, azure, beryl, cerulean, royal, sky blue, baby blue, robin’s egg blue, cyan, cornflower blue, midnight blue, slate, steel blue and Prussian blue.
- Orange is Blue’s complementary color, so look for this on our next blog post about color for your bedroom interior design.
If you have questions about what blue scheme might be right for you, or how best to add blue into your bedroom or bathroom, please contact us at 303.322.1712, where any of our designers would be more than happy to help you find your perfect color story.